Welcome to Timor Leste
4W8X DXpedition - November 2023
Planned for 2020, but stopped out by COVID-19, the Lagunaria DX Group goes to Timor-Leste in November 2023.
In April 2023, a 3-men scouting trip successfully worked 43.000+ QSOs as 4W1A from our prospected QTH.
They refreshed all contracts that we had originally made (and paid!) in 2020.
- 20 operators from Germany, Austria and Poland.
- Material is underway in a 20-foot seafreight container.
- Setup schedule: First pioneers on site: Sunday, 05-Nov-2023.
- On or after 06-Nov first signals on the air, only few hours per day.
- Multi/Single participation in WAEDC RTTY Contest, 11-12 November 2023.
- Sunday, 12-Nov-2023: team is complete, finish setup, start 24/7 shifts.
- CW, SSB, RTTY and FT4/FT8 - two signals per band at the same time.
- EME operation on 50 MHz, 144 MHz, 432 MHz and 1296 MHz,
including ARRL International EME Contest on 25-26 November 2023.
- 25-26 November 2023: CQ WW DX Contest CW (Multi/Multi).
- After CQWW: station will be dismantled and re-packed in the container.
- 3 team members stay until 06-Dec-2023 to handle the container export.
- They keep operating with simple gear and take it home in flight luggage.
Ben, DL6FBL (Team Leader)